Beside the Crying Mother

Source: Sputnik News

   While preparing for HS Final Exam of  WBCHSE, I came across with the vibrantly encouraging poem originaly written in Bengali  Krandanrata Janonir Pashe" 'Beside the Crying Mother' of  Mridul Dasgupta. It calls to break-down the silence of cowardice and fights against oppression of autocracy and all tyrants. 

Beside the Crying Mother
Now if I don’t stand,
Then why to write, why to sing
And why to draw?
 Seeing the corpse of the killed brother
If not incensed,
Then what’s the love, what’s the societ
And what’s the evaluation!
 The mising girl – getting
Her torn in the forest
Would I look for the sky
Waiting the justice of the destiny?
 I can’t that. What I can,
Grows up in poem
Before the explosion of my conscience, my gun-powder.

Comments