The Aim in Life



Md Sohel Mondal

Darul Huda Islamic University

 
"We are all born with a divine fire in us. Our efforts should be to give wings to this fire and fill the world with the glow of its goodness."

   The enclosed worlds between the quotation marks are excerpted from the Introduction of APJ Abdul Kalam to his Wings of Fire inject into our hearts and minds so assiduously the spirit and curiosity of realizing our current stand and pushing it higher following some rules which indispensably consists the aim. In a lone mediation, I discovered that the quote carries out the ultimate aim of an individual too. He should brace up for a journey ‘to fill the world with glow of its goodness.’
   Being inspired I searched for the fire instilled into me by my Creator and I found it. Getting a signal of being found I gave, by His will, wings to the fire. Then now I expect only ‘global progresses or ‘total development’.  That’s the pursuit of my aim and result of my hard work. The saying ‘one step forward, two steps back’ should not be scripted beneath of my logo or be my slogan. I should raise voice and call for ‘entire people’. That’s perhaps the nature wants too. In this forum, worldwide yearning for minority justice, peace and tolerance, balancing society, mutual comprehension and collaborative world will be actualized.
   An aim pointed work gradually grows up to power-house or boom-town for its second to second, day to day clearance of the way and feeding of the knowledge with practical aspects. On the contrary, an inadvertent breakthrough or sudden success resembles the example of unwelcomed flood in reverse. The sudden success goes with the aesthetic happiness a while letter in many terms.  That’s why, I knew now, the Creator through one of my ‘outstanding teachers’ taught me in the opening: Day by day, in every day, I am getting better and better. That’s the result of training behind the task recommended by an aim. That’s why I also believe like Kalam that ‘when I pay my tributes to these fine persons, I am merely praising His glory.’
   To many it may be deducible that my aim pursues something illusive on not professional. Let it be unprofessional! Wherever I reach; which pick I climb, I will be content and capable to serve. If my aim was professional, I can’t instil into myself the confidence and courage to step into the future as the looming matters are biting human with their poisonous glands in their individual and social life.
   Traditionally the aim is conceived to people. In medieval period ‘intention’ was suggested as the base of all actions. Surely, the faith and philosophy of ‘every action is with its intention’ is the corresponding to the call of an aim in vogue of the day. Today, the main topic for an academic ceremony or motivational talk is centralized emphasizing the aim and its perusal process. That’s why the voyage to discover a future without the ultimate aim is vividly vague.
   To put in a nutshell, my aim is not to be elucidated in worlds like an aspirant of IAS (Indian Administrative Service) or an engineering student but, it can fathomed out.  ‘Think globally and start individually’ is the main mantra for the accomplishment of my aim. My aim, being not professional or academic, is to be suitable in all times – teenage and old age. In the realm of aim, everyone can intimate that of mine for it is reliable for all and it doesn’t require the identity but, realization.  

Comments